All positions are volunteer positions, as Duck Day is an unfunded organization, though ample notoriety and amusement will be provided. All assistants report to the Benevolent Dictators for Life, Micah and Isaac Torcellini. The work begins in December and is fairly intense in the week before and after Duck Day (February 2). These volunteers should be able to be in Eastford, Connecticut on Duck Day from 7:00-9:00 a.m.. All volunteers should possess strong written and oral communication skills and have the ability to dress formally and warmly.
Please send a summary of your qualifications and why you want to volunteer to [email protected].
Assistant Duck Handler
The ADH will help manage the Duck in busy social situations and generally help maintain order. Kids of all ages from 8 to 108 are encouraged to apply, though we are particularly looking for younger ones and people with animal handling experience.
Assistant Director of Technology
The ADoT will manage the AV equipment and livestreaming. The ADoT’s responsibilities:
- Assist with set-up and maintenance of AV and livestreaming equipment.
- Attend rehearsals and test-runs to ensure that everything works correctly.
- Attending Duck Day to manage the AV equipment and livestream.
Experience in these technologies is preferred, though we will train the right candidate if necessary:
- Public address systems
- YouTube Livestreaming
- OBS Studio or similar software
- A basic knowledge of HTML or Markdown, as well as a basic GitHub workflow is a bonus.